Monday, February 6, 2012

Wabi Sabi

Rustic, Spontaneous,Scumbled, Sketched, Wabi Sabi

I've often described my beads as being in the Wabi Sabi style, but sometimes, I've wonder, if that is in fact a correct use of the word..
 I came across an interesting article explaining in detail the origins of the term wabi sabi..
Much like the word Raku , with westernization,both have taken on a somewhat different understanding from the original meaning.  http://www.nobleharbor.com/tea/chado/WhatIsWabi-Sabi.htm

3 comments:

mairedodd said...

thank you very much for sharing this -
i am off to read...

Lori Anderson said...

LOVE the term wabi sabi. And these beads are terrific!

Maggie Zee said...

Beautiful beads - definitely wabi-sabi. Thank you for posting. I'm going to dust off my raku teabowl and boil some water...