Monday, May 28, 2012

Photography..My DownFall

 Yes..it's no surprise to anyone who has visited my Etsy shop..I take crappy photos..they do nothing for my pieces.. recently I discovered the pale background I had been using made the pieces appear too blue and flattened out..duh.
Currently I'm using an up-cycled table I put together from an old sewing machine base and topped with a very cool  rusted tray..it's a little better solution..sort of.

I recently came across this post on Sparrow Salvage's Blog, posted last summer,it's got wonderful info on how to achieve interesting but not distracting backgrounds..I soo love her work and her photos convey the soulful nature of her pieces.



Here is a link to the Blog post ..please check this out, it's very inspiring
http://sparrowsalvage.blogspot.com/2011/08/back-stage-with-sparrow-or-how-to-get_15.html

No comments: